A guide for employers and FDWs to overcome COVID-19 together!
We understand that this may be a stressful period for everyone with the many advisories being putting out. To guide us during this period, we have pulled out the relevant tips for your attention:
- Advisory on Rest Days:
- FDWs are advised to stay home during this period.
- FDWs who have errands to run are encouraged to take their rest day on a weekday.
- FDWs who wish to stay home of their rest day should not be given work on their rest day.
- For FDWs who wish to forgo their rest day, employers must provide pay in lieu of rest day.
- COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures: Heightened safe distancing from 7 April to 4 May 2020
- Stay at home. Only go out if necessary, to buy daily necessities or urgent medical needs.
- At Home:
- Explain any extra measures of hygiene and sanitation expected in the house and around the children and elderly.
- Provide a face mask, if needed.
- Monitoring of health condition – FDWs should be brought or see the doctor immediately if they are feeling unwell.
- We encourage employers and FDWs to have open and honest communication.
We can only overcome COVID-19 if we work together. So let’s work together!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 8600 3583 or 6801 7444 or email us at: email@example.com
The above guide has been adapted from the Ministry of Manpower’s advisory to FDWs and employers. To read the full version: CLICK HERE
See our efforts to support vulnerable migrants during COVID-19 HERE.
This is certainly a challenging and scary time for all of us. But know that we all can do our part to render help to one another. Every effort no matter how small, will go a long way.
Let us remain united and work together and do our part to #flattenthecurve.💪
We’ll get through this!